Chakram is an API testing framework that can perform end to end tests on JSON REST endpoints.
- Chakram can perform a BDD style testing.
- Tests are simple, clear and expressive.
- It is built on node.js, mocha and chai.
- It extends Chai.js, adding HTTP specific assertions.
- It allows simple verification of returned status codes, the compression used, cookies, headers.
- It also returns JSON objects and the schema of the JSON response and response times.
- It uses BDD formatting and hooks so that complex tests can be constructed with the necessary setup and tear down operations.
- It allows new assertions to be added to the framework.
- It supports Plugin and Debugging.
- It exports results in a variety of formats.
That’s all for now. In the next post, I will explain how to write Chakram test and run through command line.