JMeter is now a handy weapon for a load tester who are more interested on open source item. Day to day it is becoming popular. It is a pure Java application and runs almost all the OS. Here we will show how to download, install and run JMeter in our machine.
Step 1 : Install Pre-Requisite
JMeter requires Java 6 or Higher. At first install Java. We can take help from this post on how to install Java in our machine.
Step 2 : Download JMeter
- Go to the JMeter download page : http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi
- Download the latest version. Now it is 2.13. Note that download it from Binaries.
- Click on the latest test JMeter version named apache-jmeter-2.13.zip.
- After finishing download, unzip the file apache-jmeter-2.13.zip.
Step 3 : Run the application
- Go to the folder apache-jmeter-2.13 (In my case : C:\apache-jmeter-2.13)
- Go to bin folder
- Double click on the jar file ApacheJMeter.jar
- JMeter will start and run and JMeter window will be displayed.
Our next post is how we can do a simple load test using JMeter.
Happy Load Testing using JMeter!!!