- Go to Node.js download page https://nodejs.org/en/download/
- Click on the installer for windows.
- Double click on the installer file. In my case it is “node-v5.0.0-x86.msi”. A pop up window is displayed.
- Click on Run button.
- Node.js setup window is displayed. Click on Next button.
- Check on the checkbox named “I accept the terms in the License agreement”. Click on Next button.
- Keep the destination path same in this window and click on Next button.
- Click on Next button.
- Click on Install button.
- A pop up window is displayed and click on Yes button.
- Installation starts.
- Click on Finish button.
- Node.js installation is now complete.
- In order to verify that node.js is installed properly, open command prompt window by writing “cmd” text in the run text box and press Enter key from Keyboard.
- Command prompt window is displayed and type the following command.
- Inspect that node.js version 5.0.0 is displayed.
- It is proved that node.js is installed properly.