Protractor is an AngularJS end to end (EtoE) testing framework used in automating AngularJS application. It has been introduced from AngularJS 1.2. It is a replacement of EtoE test framework ngScenario.
- Protractor is built on top of WebDriverJS, which uses native events and browser-specific drivers to interact with the application.
- Protractor supports Angular-specific locator strategies. It helps to locate angular specific element.
- There is no need to add any wait or sleep statement. Protractor can automatically handle page loading time and waits for next steps until the present steps task is finished.
- Protractor is a Node.js program built on top of WebDriverJS and Selenium Server.
- It allows running test on remote addressed but need not to have the test file on server.
- It has its own test runner.
- It can use Jasmine or Mocha to run test suites.
- It supports Cucumber test frameworks.
- Protractor works in conjunction with Selenium to provide an automated test infrastructure that can simulate a user’s interaction with an Angular application running in a browser or mobile device.
In our next post we will show on how we can install protractor and run a protractor test on our machine.
Happy End to End testing with Protractor!!!