Sahi is an automation testing tool to automate web application. It has excellent record and playback feature to record and run application. In our previous post we have discuss about Sahi’s feature. Here we will show on how to install Sahi on our machine.
Download Sahi: Sahi has a community edition as well as commercial edition. Here we download Community edition and install it.
- Go to Sahi download page : http://sahipro.com/sahi-open-source/
- Click on Download button
- Sahi Download starts.
Install Sahi: After finishing download, go to the installer directory and follow the following steps.
Step1 : Double click on the installer file named “install_sahi_v50_……jar” file.
Sahi installation wizard is displayed.
Step 2 : Click on Next button.
Step 3 : It shows the software list that will be installed. Click on Next button
Step 4 : License agreement page is displayed.
- Select the options “I accept the terms of this license agreement”.
- Click on Next button.
Step 5 : Select the installation path where Sahi will be installed and click on Next button.
Step 6 : Click on OK button.
Step 7 : Select the packs that we want to install. By default all packs are selected. Grayed packs are mandatory. Click on Next button.
Step 8 : Sahi installation starts.
Step 9 : After finishing installation click on Next button.
Step 10 : Shortcut selection page is displayed.
- Select the option “Create shortcuts in the Start-Menu”.
- Select the option “Create additional shortcuts on the desktop”.
- Select “Current User”.
- Keep the application name “Sahi”.
- Click on Next button.
Step 11 : This is the last page of the installation wizard. Following messages are displayed.
- “Installation has completed successfully”.
- “An uninstaller program has been created in”. It shows the path of uninstaller file.
- A button is displayed showing “Generate an automatic installation Script”. Click on this button will generate a automatic installer.
Click on Done button. Sahi wizard window will be closed.
Step 12 : Note that an icon is displayed at the desktop. Double click on the icon.
Step 13 : Three windows are displayed.
- Sahi Dashboard : This is the main sahi dashboard window where the browser list is displayed. We can select any browser here to record Sahi. Generally all the installed browsers are displayed at Sahi dashboard. Sometimes it might not be displayed due to installation path issue. We will submit a separate post on this issue.
- Sahi needs to change browser proxy settings. For this it shows this window. Clicking on Continue button will close the window. You can close sahi clicking on Quit Sahi button.
- Sahi Command Prompt : This window displays error message if there is any error happens. It also displays Sahi run status.
In our Next post we show on how to automate a web application using Sahi.
Happy scripting with Sahi as a Sahi manner…!!!